NativeJ is a powerful Java EXE maker. The executable generated by NativeJ is uniquely customized to launch your Java application under Windows. NativeJ is not a compiler! Think of NativeJ-generated executables as supercharged "binary batch files".
• Custom icon. Each executable is represented by a unique icon, just like native apps.
• Native behaviour. When the user double-clicks on the EXE to run your application, there won't be an annoying console window popping up briefly.
• Faster startup. Executing a batch file involves a great deal of overhead, including loading the command processor and parsing the batch file. The native EXE loads the JVM directly, resulting in snappier program startup.
• Native splash screen. Display a splash screen of your choice immediately upon startup while your application loads.
• Unique process name. When viewed in the task list, the user sees tomcat.exe, or jedit.exe, instead of the nondescript java.exe, or javaw.exe. This is particularly important for personal firewall programs, which depend on unique process names to trigger the appropriate filter rules
• Install as service. NativeJ generates executables that can be installed as a Win32 service natively, with the ability to specify dependencies.
• New! Project wizard to simplify the process of creating new projects.
• New! Ability to configure process icon, name and initial priority.
• New! Ability to specify search order for JRE/JDK on target machine.
• New! Ability to redirect stdout/stderr to external log file or popup message box.
• New! Ability to embed application JAR files into generated EXE.
• New! Ability to add version information to the generated EXE.
• New! Ability to configure service name, description, startup type, characteristics and dependencies.
• Simple point-and-click interface. No need to wrestle with C compiler and JNI code.
• Generates console and graphical EXE, as well as Win32 service.
• Ability to configure application working directory.
• Ability to use application parameters from a configuration file when the executable is run.
• Automatic detection of JRE/JDK (client or server) on target machine
• Support for private bundled JRE.
• Dynamic classpath construction by automatically appending all jar or zip files in classpath directories to the final classpath.
• Native splash screen that pops up as soon as the EXE is activated, while your application loads in the background. Splash screen can be configured to stay on the screen for a fixed number of seconds, or automatically removed as soon as the Java application displays a window.
• Ability to restrict graphical applications to a single instance.
• Ability to customize/localize strings and messages in the generated EXE.
• Command-line generator for integration with build tools.
• Supports Sun JDK/JRE 1.2 and above.
• Supports IBM JDK/JRE 1.2 and above.
• Supports BEA WebLogic JRockit JDK/JRE 1.5.
Changes in version 4.8.4 (31/03/2008):
* Added new NativeJ property "nativej.extract.path" to reflect extraction path if JAR files embedding feature is used.
Homepage - http://www.dobysoft.com/products/nativej/index.html