Norman Malware Cleaner is a Norman program utility that may be used to detect and remove specific malicious software (malware).
Note that it should not be used as a substitute for running normal proactive antivirus protection, but rather as a reactive tool to handle systems that are already infected.
By downloading and running the program below it will clean an infected system completely:
* kill running processes that are infected
* remove infections from disk (including ActiveX components and browser helper objects)
* restore correct registry values
* remove references created by malware in hosts file
* remove windows firewall rules for malicious programs
Norman Malware Cleaner covers cleaning of all known variants of the following families up to (2007.09.24) :
- To give Norman Malware Cleaner the best working conditions possible, we recommend that you start the computer in Safe mode before running the program. To do this, tap the F8 key on your keyboard during startup, before Windows starts, and select Safe mode from the menu that appears.
- Pressing the F8 key at just the right time may be a little difficult (after the firmware POST process completes, but before Windows displays graphical output). If the F8 method does not work, repeat the procedure, but press the F8 key more quickly, or press it several times.
- On some (older) computers, the F8 key method may not work. In these Windows versions you may also configure your computer to start in Safe mode through the System Configuration Utility (msconfig).
- In some cases Norman Malware Cleaner may require that you restart the computer to completely remove an infection
Supported operating systems are: Windows 98, Me, NT, 2000, XP and 2003
Homepage - http://www.norman.com/Virus/Virus_removal_tools/en
Size: 17.5 MB