QuickTime Alternative will allow you to play QuickTime files (.mov, .qt and other extensions) without having to install QuickTime Player from Apple. It also supports QuickTime content that is embedded in webpages. The very user-friendly installation is fully customizable, which means that you can install only those components that you want. The QuickTime Browser plugin supports Internet Explorer, Opera, Mozilla and Netscape. The QuickTime plugins include iPIX and QuickTimeVR.
QuickTime Alternative Lite is QuickTime Alternative without Media Player Classic.
Features of QuickTime Alternative:
* Media Player Classic 18.104.22.168 is a full-featured player which has decoding support for QuickTime content.
* QuickTime codecs 22.214.171.124 are required for playing QuickTime movies and audio.
* QuickTime ActiveX control 126.96.36.199 allows you to view QuickTime content that is embedded in a webpage. The QuickTime Browser plugin supports Internet Explorer. Other programs might also need this component.
* QuickTime Browser plugin 188.8.131.52 allows you to view QuickTime content that is embedded in a webpage. The QuickTime Browser plugin supports Mozilla, Firefox, Netscape and Opera.
* QuickTime Control Panel is required for configuring some QuickTime settings.
* QuickTime plugins are required for viewing some special formats that are sometimes used on webpages. The QuickTime plugins include iPIX and QuickTimeVR.
* QuickTime DirectShow filter allows you to play QuickTime content in all DirectShow enabled players. Without this filter QuickTime content can only be played in Media Player Classic.
Changes in QuickTime Alternative 2.5.1 (2008-04-04):
* Fix for the unattended install wizard not working in previous version
Size: 12.1 MB
Download QuickTime Alternative
Use Right-click on Download and "Save Target As..."