Kantaris Media Player is the all-in-one media player that provides the best audio and video experience. Kantaris is an open-source alternative to Windows Media Player with similar GUI and features. Video playback is based upon Videolan Client (VLC) which enables Kantaris to play almost anything you throw at it without the need of installing any codecs. Unlike VLC, Kantaris also has extensive support for music and other audio formats, these include MP3, WMA, OGG, MIDI, AC3, AAC, MP4 and FLAC.
Kantaris Media Player can play almost anything you can throw at it - AVI, MPEG, MGEG-AVC, WMV, MOV, MKV, quicktime, matroska, divx, xvid, H264, MP3, WMA, OGG files and more. It can also play DVD's and audio cd's. The player also displays some of the most beautiful music visualizations ever seen. All this is completely free.
Kantaris is an all new media player based on code from Videolan client (VLC) and Bass audio library. Kantaris has a graphical user interface similar to that of Windows Media Player. Works with Windows 2000, XP and Vista.
Changes in Kantaris 0.3.6:
- support for non-western characters in subtitles. So now you should be able to use your Arabic, Hebrew, Chinese, … subtitles with Kantaris.
- Added subtitles size setting
- Speed up file loading
- Saving downloaded subtitles in the “kantaris\cache” directory instead of in the “temporary internet files” folder
- Double-clicking for full screen works again
- Hopefully fixed a bug caused by bass_fx.dll in Vista 64-bit ( I can’t test it)
- Fixed a bug with the listing of embedded subtitles
- Uninstaller now removes file associations
- Probably some more which I can’t remember right now.
Homepage - http://www.kantaris.org
Size: 8.54 MB